SKANReg is recognised for its sound Mortgage Legislation, based on English Law, is known, trusted and respected the world over. Its Head Office located on the outskirts of London. Girik has a good network with Maritime Registrars of SKAN. We provide all benefits and a pragmatic approach to certification where technical issues are involved in a timely and robust manner for shipowners and managers.
- Any vessel, that applies for standard registration, and if accepted will be registered provisionally for 6 months. This allows you, the owner to collate all of the documents in the original format, as per the “Achieve Permanent Registration Status” list of documents.
- The date in which your vessel registered with being referred by St. Kitts & Nevis International Ship Registry as the “Anniversary Date” or the ‘Date of First Registration”. This date used to calculate when the vessels annual taxes are due and when certificates are calculated for expiry.
- Upon achieving Permanent Status, your vessels’ registration upgraded for 4 yrs from the Date of First Registration.
- Regardless of whether your vessel is provisionally or permanently registered, the vessel will incur annual fees as of the Anniversary date.
SPECIAL PURPOSE REGISTRATION
- Special Purpose Registration is available for delivery voyages/one-off voyages/scrap voyages.
- The period of registration is for 3 months only.
- There is a simplified and speedier Registration procedure. Most registrations completed in one working day if all documents are submitted correctly.
- A reduced rate of fees applies to such Registrations.
RENEWAL OF RADIO LICENSE & SAFE MANNING
- Copy of crew list
- Letter from Owner/Manager SKN endorsements if applicable
- For fishing vessels, a copy of the current fishing licence is to be submitted
CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
- Power of Attorney or Board Resolution (where necessary) confirming the authority of the person signing the Application Form
- Evidence of Title showing the transfer of ownership, e.g. Bill of Sale, Builder Certificate, court documents, Protocol of delivery, certified or authenticated by a notary public, Maritime Registrar, SKN Consul or UK Consul
- For applications by a company, a copy of its Certificate of Incorporation/ an original Certificate of Good Standing.
- For applications by individuals an authenticated copy of their passport(s), clearly showing their full name and other details.
- A signed copy of the CSR Amendment Form from the new Owner’s if the ship is over 500 GRT
- Confirmation from the AAIC that nothing is outstanding due by the previous owner (within 30 days of application)
- Confirmation from the AAIC that they will be responsible for the radio accounts (within 30 days of application) the statement issued by the Classification Society/ stating that the vessel is in class and has valid statutory certificates without any recommendations
- If changing class Letter of Attestation from Class/RO confirming they will be surveying the vessel and issuing certificates on our behalf
- P&I Cover issued under new Owner
- Duly completed EPIRB Registration Form (within 30 days of application)
- If the vessel is changing crew, a letter SKN endorsements are to be submitted
- Copy of blue card issued under the new Ownership for the issuance of a CLC (If applicable) (within 30 days of application)
- If not assigned Owner, Owners Agent or MR to provide SKANReg with proof that Owner/Company IMO Number has been applied for
- CHANGE OF VESSEL NAME
- CHANGE OF SHIPS PARTICULARS
- CONTINUOUS SYNOPSIS RECORD (CSR)…