The course provides a general understanding of winch operation carried out during anchor handling and towing operations, including emergencies.
- Types of winches like use and operation.
- Introduction to components and layout of the winch system.
- Terminology, phrases and abbreviations.
- Winch computer uses and limitations.
- Winch capacities and wire length monitoring.
- Tension control and load monitoring.
- Emergency functions, including emergency release and emergency braking.
- Ancillary deck equipment including towing pins and stoppers.
Duration: 2 days