An Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS) is a geographic report system used for naval navigation; complies with the International Maritime Organization (IMO) regulations as an option to paper charts. An ECDIS displays the data from Electronic Navigational Charts (ENC) and combines location information from the position, direction and speed through water systems and optionally from other navigational sensors such as Radar, Navtex, Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), and depth (echo) sounders.
ECDIS TRAINING COURSE OBJECTIVE:
- Get a summary of regulative requirements covering IMO performance standards.
- Get familiarised with the Electronic Charts Display and Information System which includes functions and operation of all keys and buttons on the ECDIS.
- Take out Passage planning, events and setting up of various parameters for activating safety and navigational alerts.
- Execute Passage planning and Route monitoring on ECDIS, as an exercise on the Ship manoeuvring TRANSAS, SPERRY MARINE, SAM, CHAT WORLD, JRC, MARTEK, MARIS, and CONSILIUM via Safebridge.
ECDIS TRAINING COURSE CONTENT:
- Fundamental navigation functions and settings
- Passage planning and monitoring
- Determining position with ECDIS
- Knowledge of operating principles, limitations, methods of corrections
- The proper use of various types of ECDIS-related information
- Knowledge of the capability and restrictions of ECDIS operator training
- Students will perform exercises in setting up and maintaining an ECDIS display, setting up and monitoring a route, and performing proper actions necessary for a safe navigational watch.
FURUNO TYPE-SPECIFIC ECDIS (FMD- 3100/3200/3300)
This type-specific ECDIS training course provides the trainees with specific knowledge of the functionality and effective use of the FURUNO ECDIS.
- Familiarisation with available functions
- Familiarisation with the menu structure
- Display Setup
- Setting Safety Value
- Route Planning
- Route monitoring
- Recognition of alarm and malfunction
- Indicators and the actions to be taken
- Changing over to backup systems
- Loading and updating charts and licenses
- Updating software
TYPE SPECIFIC ECDIS
Girik Institute provides online CBT (Computer Based Training) for ECDIS Type Specific Training, as per ISM code. Type Specific ECDIS Training is a course designed for aspirants who have finished the ECDIS Type specific course. Types are as follows:
- JRC JAN-701/901/2000
- JRC JAN-7201/9201
- ChartWorld globe G2
Kelvin Hughes –
- Kelvin Hughes Manta Digital ECDIS
- SIMRAD E5024
- Simrad MARIS ECDIS900
- SAM Electronics CHARTPILOT
- Wartsila SAM ECDISPILOT Platinum
- IMTECH SeaGuide
Tokyo Keiki –
- Tokyo Keiki EC-8100/8600
- Consilium S-ECDIS (Standard-ECDIS)
- Consilium ECDIS (“Selesmar” ECDIS)
Martek Marine –
- Martek Marine IECDIS
Raytheon Anschütz –
- Raytheon Anschütz ECDIS
All Type-Specific ECDIS have a similar topic mentioned below.
- Module 1: Functionality / Interface
- Module 2: ECDIS Basic Display Features
- Module 3: Sensors
- Module 4: Chart Work
- Module 5: Voyage Planning
- Module 6: Additional Info Display
- Module 7: Alarms
- Module 8: Chart Maintenance
- Module 9: Backup Arrangements and Data Management
- Module 10: Display of additional Info
It involves presentations related to familiarising the trainee with the menu structure. It also involves practical exercises related to the understanding of ECDIS equipment. Girik Institute has an extensive range of equipment from different manufacturers.
To know more about ECDIS course fees, contact Girik Institute at:
Mobile: +91-7208482484 / 8828102586
Landline No: +91-22-41272900 / 49243022
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org